In my first post, I shared with you about my health journey and how I got to where I am today. But I want you to know more about me than just my health, so I thought I would share with you some random facts about myself!
- I live in a small town in the mountains of North Carolina. The summers and falls are beautiful. Like BEAUTIFUL. But the winters make me hate my life. #slightexaggeration
- I cannot stand the taste of goat cheese. Which is ironic since most people that don’t tolerate cow’s milk dairy well can usually handle goat cheese. I haven’t been able to handle a lot of dairy in the past, but I have been experimenting with adding more back recently. Outcome=good, I think?! I believe I have a dairy threshold, but I just haven’t figured what that is yet.)
- I’m incredibly grateful for my family. They have loved me, supported me, guided me, and put up with my ridiculousness more than I deserve. My parents, sister, and her family live in Georgia, the state I grew up in for 18 years. As much as I love North Carolina, Georgia will always have a huge piece of my heart because of these people.
- I have a really hard time resting and slowing down. I always feel like I have to be doing something productive. As I get older, I am learning that this is not always a good thing. Our bodies need rest. Our bodies need time to recharge and recover. Resting is This is something I am constantly working on and need continual reminders about. Taking care of your body is not just eating well and exercising. It is also taking time to breathe, relax and rest.
- I love eggs, and eat them every day. Sometimes twice a day. With avocado. And hot sauce. Try it.
- I enjoy working out, but I know that I need to work out less. (More on this to come and why I think that.) I love to run, and I also enjoy spin classes a couple times a week. I really, really want to enjoy yoga and restorative movement, but I haven’t quite gotten to the enjoy phase yet.
- I wish I could be a vegetarian. Vegetables are seriously my favorite food. Roasted in coconut oil and sea salt are absolutely amazing. However, I know that my body needs meat since there are certain nutrients that you can ONLY get from eating animal protein…yes, that’s true. Therefore, I eat meat to support my body in the best way possible. Now I’m not saying that being a vegetarian is bad or unhealthy (I actually was one for a year in college!), but for me personally, I know it’s best if I include meat in my diet.
- I have been married for almost three years, and my husband is the smartest person I know (after me, of course!). I love him a lot and am so grateful for his patience and his love. I also love that he listens to my rants on my issues with the latest health fad, I love that that he willingly (maybe?) eats my recipe experiments, and I love that he puts up with my constant need to talk about bowel movements and what they mean about your health. (I’m warning you now that there may be a post about that later…)
- My day is not complete until I’ve had dark chocolate. My favorites currently come from Trader Joes, but let’s be real, I’ll eat it all without complaints.
- I truly enjoy grocery shopping and meal planning. I feel like most people hate it, but I love it. I love having a grocery list and getting what we need for the week, but I also love exploring the store shelves for new and fun ingredients or products. Walking into a health food store and wandering around is a form of self-care for me.
This is just a brief snapshot into my life, but I hope it gives you more insight into who I am!
Now you tell me, what is a fun, random fact about you?